Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fur Cones

Good morning folks, I've got just a minute to share another peek of the new animal stamps coming out at Lili of the Valley in a couple of weeks. These adorable little kitties are called 'Fur Cones'.


Guess how I colored them? No, not Copics this time, I used Distress inks. With a paint brush. A short stubby flat paintbrush and I dry brushed with NO water. Very cool, but time consuming. It's actually a great way to use your Distress Inks on DIGI images, because you're not using water, therefore there's no bleeding of printer lines. I just did it because I wanted to get painterly, lol.


The tree cutouts in the BG and the foreground are Silhouette cut files, dusted with Flower Soft. 

So what do you think of the upcoming LOTV release? Are you loving the fur babies? pssst....there's  a lot more!

Check out my DTmates blogs for more peeks! Find all the links on the Inspire blog. 

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley, 'Fur Cones' & 'Grungy Messages' (available 8/22)
Ink: Distress
Paper: October Afternoon, SU, Stardream silver metallic
Tools & Accessories: Paintbrushes, Flower Soft, taffeta ribbon, baker's twine, jingle bells

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this tip!! I didn't know it was possible to create such a great effect while not using any water with distress.
    It's a beautiful card and I love the new sentiments so much!
    hugs, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "painterly" card turned out beautiful!!!! LOVE the way you colored it!! I have never tried without water....interesting! Really pretty Kathy!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is gorgeous! The whole card is beautiful, I love the Silhouette cut trees. I'm loving that new image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous - usually there is the odd image I dont like but so far all of them are on my NEED list....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just found your blog through the LOTV site, Wow, your cards and projects are beautiful, I love the dry painting with the distress inks on this card, really fab, hugs Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with this. Great job... and great tip with the distress inks... thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!