Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Bellarific Friday Sketch ~Dancing in the Rain

Good morning friends, it's Friday and that means we have another challenge for Bellarific Friday. This week we have a lovely sketch to work with. 

My card is loosely based on the sketch, but ovals just weren't working for Lolly and her Brolly! I went with rounded corners instead, lol. Did some paper piecing in yellow plaid for her slicker, umbrella and Wellies. I always add a bit of shading to my paper piecing with Copics to add dimension.


I went over all the yellow rain gear with some Crystal Lacquer to make them look like the real thing. {love}

While digging through some of my old, old supplies I came across these raindrop clear stickers and they are perfect for this card! I never knew what to do with them until I made a rainy day card, lol. I think they're so cute!

The papers are from an older October Afternoon collection, I am determined to use up my old stash! 

Hope you'll join us this week for Bellarific Friday over at the Stamping Bella blog, there could be some Bella Bucks in it for you...

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is gorgeous Katrina! Beautiful coloured (as always) and love those raindrops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Katrina this is beautiful. Love the colour yellow, it's so cheery! Love the paper pieced outfit and those raindrops - wowzer - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip about shading with the copics after paper piecing! Lolly is super cute and your colouring and paper choices are perfect - so are those raindrops! See? It's good to keep things...you know you'll need it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat this is awesome. The shading tipi is brilliant

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!