Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Inspired by Color

Good morning everyone! Remember the Tessatina die I used on this card a few days ago? I was playing with making backgrounds and two cards were born as a result. This is the other one. Totally different look to it, right? This card was inspired by a color scheme I saw on Design Seeds called 'Crashing Hues'. I fell in love with it and had to translate it onto a card.


So I matched up the colors to cardstock I already had, SU's Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, PTI's Soft Stone, Ocean Tides and Smoky Shadow. The colors look amazing together! Want to know how I got those super delicate die cuts glued onto the paper? That was a PITA and if anyone has any tips for gluing them down, please share! 
I poured a small puddle of decoupage glue onto a piece of acetate, then rolled a brayer through it, then brayered glue to the back of the die cut. It worked OK, but a bit of glue ended up getting on the front of the die cut. I had to put a thin coat of decoupage glue all over the finished background after gluing down all the die cut strips to hide it.


It's a very pretty background though, and I love it. I colored Stamping Bella's 'Lucille Sends her Love' in blue green and grey Copics. 
I made all the flowers in matching colors using a daisy punch from The Punch Bunch.


Well, that's it! Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. Hi Katarina - Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love the background and the colors are perfect. I read your blog daily and you are such an inspiration. Have you tried a Xyron machine to glue down the intricate parts? I would think it would work like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I have heard of people liking the Xyron for adhering detailed die cuts, but never tried it myself. Maybe it's time I invest in one!

      Delete
  2. Love these colors and your flowers! I die cut a lot with my Silhouette and would be lost without my Xyron! I have a small one and the 5". I do make sure to rub it down well to keep the sticky only where I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! I love the delicate background and the colours and all those gorg flowers in the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a case for spray adhesive in my crafty book. Lie the diecut facedown on some newsprint or piece of cardboard (I use a large box)and add a nice lightly but evenly sprayed coat. However,that said... if you used either a sheet of doublestick tape (Sookwang) or used a xyron on the cardstock to do it, after the diecut you'd have all those cool little shapes to stick down and glitter up. That could be fun! And I LOVE this card. You are SO totally enabling me right now. Where's that number for Crafters Anonymous? I need an intervention. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. The colours are awesome. I also use Design Seeds for inspiration. It sounds like you went through a lot of trouble to glue down your flowers. They are so beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Colour combination fantastic. Love your flowers as well. So beautiful.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wow just had to comment on this the colour palette is out of this world love this stamp and your design Stunning ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Love the way you color. Like Christy Beans, I would do the Sookwang for such an intricate die.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!