Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Beginnings

Good morning everyone! I feel spring coming our way, it was almost too warm today if you can believe it! I saw the first signs of spring driving to work today, the bright yellows of Forsythia, and Daffodils! Actually here in PA, we are a few weeks behind and everything is still gray and brown. But a mere 40 miles away (where I work) is where I am already seeing signs of life. So, to celebrate these early signs of spring, I have an appropriate card to share with you all today. One of my all time favorite colors is Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist and SU's Soft Sky (retired, poo!) and I decided to feature that color on this card.


I did a lot of masking to create this jar full of speckled eggs and colored them with my Copics BG000 and BG72. I embossed the jar lid with silver embossing powder and layered it over the cute ruffled 'skirt' around the mouth of the jar. 


Then I added some sprigs of wildflowers from the 'Life' stamp set tied with a bow. I matted the whole thing on a Spellbinders Label stamped with Gina K's stamp set. 
I'm not sure what occasion this card would be for, maybe a new baby, or a wedding maybe? The sentiment 'New Beginnings' could be appropriate for a few things, I guess. We'll see....


I hope spring is coming your way too and thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Gina K
Ink: Adirondack, Versamark, Perfect Match, A-Muse Studios
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Tools & Accessories: PTI Life dies, white & silver embossing powder, Spellbinders Labels, PTI twill ribbon, Copics, Martha Stewart corner punch, white pearl

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!