Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love Boat

Hello everyone! I've got a sneak peek of some new stamps coming out at Lili of the Valley on March 28th. This one is called 'Love Boat' and I just fell in love with this adorable image. I knew I wanted to do something dramatic with a night sky so I went on the hunt for the perfect patterned paper for the background. I found nothing in my stash (how is that possible?! I have tons of paper!) so I turned to the wonderful world of digital scrapbooking. Literally thousands and thousands of options available on the web, all the patterned paper you could possibly want yet I was having trouble finding just what I wanted. So after hours and hours of scouring the net, I turned to my favorite digital SB store Raspberry Road Designs. I don't know why I just didn't look there first, I could have saved myself half a day! I decided to use one of the papers from the paper pack, Mystical Sky. Absolutely perfect for what I had in mind. 


I had to use a trick from the Black Magic technique to make the willow branches show up on the  dark background so I took a tiny, tiny paintbrush and colored in the leaves and the moon with watered down white acrylic paint. Then after it dried I was able to color those elements in with colored pencils. 
The bears in the boat and the wine bottle were simply colored separately, cut out and glued to the background. 
Then I went to town with the embellishing. Sewed some seed beads around the perimeter of the label die cut as well as some 'stars' in the sky, then went back with a Souffle pen for more stars. 



The sentiment 'postmark' is from LOTV's Set 18 Greetings Postmarks embossed in white. 


Keep your eyes peeled for more sneak peeks on the Inspire Blog, there are some new designs that I am very excited about!


Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Versamark, Memento
Paper: Memory Box, SU, Hammermill color copy used for all digital patterned papers from Raspberry Road Designs
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Labels, Martha Stewart edge punch, seed beads, Souffle pen, Copics, Stickles, Inkessentials white gel pen, colored pencils, OMS, satin ribbon, Americana acrylic paint, paint brush

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this card is amazing Katarina. I never even heard of that technique you used...what a brilliant idea! Love this card!!!!!!! Thank-you for the link to see how you did it!!!! Love the paper choice and the adorable little bears! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Katrina, this is so adorable. You did a beautiful job - your colouring is gorgeous, and love all your details

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katrina,
    I haven't seen a card that has grabbed hold of me for a very long time. I LOVE IT.
    Great to hear how you conquered the moon and leaves. The sweet couple looks like you stamped them right onto your paper. Fantastic choice of paper and wonderful beading!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. You are very talented. I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is so cute. so much time and effort must have gone into creating this.amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and stunning coloring ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!!!!! this card is just beyond amazing!!! you should totally frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very nice card....Hugs from Sweden Carina

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!