Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gift Card Holder

Good morning blog friends! I received a gift card over the holidays for one of the chain restaurants (can't remember which one right now) and it came in such a nifty little holder I quickly took it apart to try and replicate it. The cut out window on the sleeve was an apple I think, so I changed that on mine, but here's what I came up with...


 Pretty cute, huh? It's amazing what you can come up with if you pay attention to the packaging to the hundreds of items we buy every day! If you find something you like, take it apart and use it as a template to trace onto your own pretty papers. 


I used Born to Shop for this holder, because after all it is for a shopping card. 



This one is basically an outer sleeve with a die cut window, pretty papers and a bow, and an inside matchbook type card with a pocket inside for a gift card. Very simple. I added a little sentiment to the inside from Set 10- A5 Verses.


I really like the way this came out, it's going to be my future packaging for all gift cards from now on. I just hope I saved the original one.... eep


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley- 'Born to Shop' & 'Set 10- A5 Verses'
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Tools & Accessories: Copics, Scor Pal, Seam binding, McGill circle punch, EK Success edge punch, Spellbinders Labels 1

10 comments:

  1. WoW this is absolutely
    GorGeoUs.
    Love this idea Katarina.
    TFS
    SOnja xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card! I looked around and I have to say that you make absolutely fantastic things!
    Have a ver nice scrap-day!
    /Paula from sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the colors, the image is so sweet and perfectly coloured, the layout, the papers! OMG, so beautiful!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the cutest ever! Such a clever way to create a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supercute,think I have to "steal" this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely,you have soe lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet and thanks for showing us how you made it, great idea for making something instead of buying more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this was soo cute, the holder is such a lovely idea - I can't wait to get home to try it.
    Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply Stunning!

    Love everything about this work of art of yours!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!