Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

All Aboard!

Good morning blog friends! How about a birthday card for a little boy today? I may be one of the very few card makers out there who actually enjoy making cards for boys, lol. I admit I don't do them often, but when I do, it's a lot of fun for me. 
This card uses Papertrey Ink's train set that has never been inked.


I decided to go with water coloring on this cute choo choo, using Tombow markers. I like embossing images that I'm going to water color so I don't have to be super careful about staying 'in the lines'. That's one of the things that drives me batty about water coloring!



The papers are from an old Cosmo Cricket collection, Biography 101 Little Boys which is not available anymore, BUT I was happy to see the downloadable kit available at Jessica Sprague.com. I think the papers from that set are just about the best little boy patterns I've ever seen.
Hope you like it and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark, Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: PTI, SU, water color paper, Cosmo Cricket
Tools & Accessories: PTI Train and banner dies, Memory Box Village die, paper piercer, Souffle pen, wool felt, Tombow markers, Aqua brush, baker's twine

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card for a little boy!! Personally, I find it a real challenge to design for little boys, but this gives me a lot of ideas. I just discovered how much I love PaperTreyInk as well. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Wow this really is an amazing card,just perfect for a boy and your design/detail are lovely too.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!