Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love & hugs

Good morning! I've been laid up at home for the past few days, unable to do much of anything. I felt my lower back getting a bit sore and weak all last week, and sure enough on Monday it finally decided to give out at work. I should've gone to the Dr. right from work, but I was hoping it would ease up and I could avoid the whole thing, but it just got progressively worse. So every move I make is very painful and worst of all, I can't sit and stamp or color. Devastating, I know.

I do have a somewhat clean and simple card to share though. When I finished the card to this point, I wanted to add something more to it, as is my nature, flowers perhaps. But I was very pleased with the clean lines and the soft colors of the papers that I opted to leave it as is.


This is the first time I've colored up one of the newest characters from Lili of the Valley's latest release, 'Summer- My Best Friend'. Although I liked the Summer series of stamps, I needed some time to get used to them I guess, I kept going back to the familiar ones. 




This stamp comes with the 'Love & Hugs' sentiment, which is nice. I colored Summer with mostly Copics, but did go back and add the shading in her hair with my colored pencils. It's much easier to get those fine, wispy strokes with a sharp pencil to add some nice texture to hair. Also, I stamped her in a lighter ink than I usually do, 'Latte' from Adirondack. It's got a much softer effect, and very pretty. I didn't know until recently that Adirondack dye inks were smear proof with Copics! Sweet!


The papers are from a digital collection from an Etsy seller 'Digital Potpourri'. I have to be careful, I am seriously going overboard with digital papers! There are just so many! And so much more affordable!


Thanks for peeking in, have a great day.


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Adirondack
Paper: Hammermill, SU
Tools & Accessories: striped twill ribbon, PTI banner die, Copics, colored pencils, Tonic Duo corner rounder punch, sewing machine, Spica pens

4 comments:

  1. Love your card and that great digital paper! Of course, you've just enabled me to buy more digi paper, LOL. What paper do you print your paper on? I'm not always happy with the way my paper turns out (especially if it has red in it) and I wonder if it isn't partly due to the paper I use. I have a fairly decent printer, or at least I thought so. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you feel better soon! Beautiful CAS card...love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a yummy card. The colours on the papers are gorgeous. I'm quite new to cardmaking and your cards have been a big inspiration so thank you. I hope your back is getting better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet and cute. I love this little image holding the kitty! I like your colors on this card; you have a great eye for design and color! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!