Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

We Love Snow!

Okay, I've had a long enough break from blogging. The past week has been a bit stressful and busy. For starters, my son got his Driver's License. Need I say more? lol. As excited as I was for him, the worry and stress from the worry really started building when my Dad announces he's going to buy him a nice used starter car. Well, I wasn't quite prepared for that, and I must say I've been going to bed much later than I'm used to. Waiting up till he was safely home, just like my mother used to do for me, lol. I used to think it was so silly to wait up for me, but what the heck did I know when I was a teen?! Now I know.

Ok, enough drama, here's something new I've tried. I've been long admiring these fancy-fold cards. I've done easel cards, and a couple of joy fold cards, but nothing too complicated. But, I really like this side step card I've been seeing people do. I got the directions from my most favorite stamping place in the world, Splitcoast Stampers of course. 


I wanted to create a snowy snowman scene for my first side step card, and went with these adorable snowmen from Sugar Nellie. They're colored with Copics, and cut out. I needed some pine trees for the background which I cut out on my Gazelle. I did a bit of sponging to give them some dimension and covered them in sparkly German glass glitter. I also added a few random glass glitters to the front panel for icy snowflakes.



The cute sentiment is from Papertrey ink, embossed in white. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Stamps: Sugar Nellie, PTI
Ink: Memento, Distress, Versamark
Paper: PTI, Gina K, Prima, Stardream, Basic Grey
Tools & Accessories: Copics, baker's twine, German glass glitter, white embossing powder, Gazelle, Martha Stewart snowflake border punch

4 comments:

  1. What a great card, I love the fancy folds, but haven't been brave enough myself to try one! My son gets his provisional licence at the end of the week, so I know where you're coming from worrying about young drivers, I'm sure I'll have some late nights soon too! Hope he takes care. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, love those snowmen. I.m glad my daughter is almost 14, so i have 4 more years to adjust? (is that the right word?) Here in Holland you have to be 18 when you can start drivin. Well, soon she wants to go out with friends...... NO!! But you have to let go.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. It is just gorgeous...

    as for your son getting his drivers license...Well Congragulations I guess... I know you will be getting many a sleepless night.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations to your son for passing his driving test, my daughter is just 17 and about to start lessons - I don't think we'll ever stop worrying. It's a Mum thing! Love your side stepper - well done you.Beautiful images and great sentiment.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!