Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween snowstorm

Good morning everyone! What an awful weekend off it turned out for me. Imagine my surprise when Saturday it starts snowing, and snowing....and snowing....
We ended up with this:


Trees came down on power lines, power went out mid afternoon, and that was the end of a productive crafting weekend. Yesterday we took a drive down to my parent's house in Jersey, my brothers were up from NC for the weekend, so we went for a visit. The power was out everywhere, from PA to NJ, we were lucky to find a gas station open to refuel!
Power was finally restored to us late last night, but there is no power in NJ where I was due for work this morning, so I stayed home.


That's the story morning glory, here's a card I finished up early this AM. 



This stamp is from Sugar Nellie 'Knitted with Love'.


Fully decorated inside and out easel card. Fancy schmancy!


I made the little wool stocking with a Lifestyle Crafts (Quickutz) nesting stocking die. Sewed it together by hand with some aqua beads and embroidery floss. Added some greenery and a tiny wool felt rolled rose to the top.
The snowflakes are also cut from felt with a Stampin Up die (Northern Frost). I sewed some tiny seed beads to those too. Sometimes I just get in the mood for some decorative hand stitching/beadwork. It's very time consuming, so I don't do it often, but I LOVE the homespun charm it adds to cards. 


The papers are a digital collection from Raspberry Road Designs, 'Christmas Thyme'.


Thanks for peeking in, have a SPOOKY FUN HALLOWEEN!



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the little details and the stocking is so sweet. Fabby DP too! Glad you are safe and warm now x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!