Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Witches flying by...

Hello folks! Finally a day off from work, and there is so much to cram into just one day, I feel seriously overwhelmed. I've been working on this particular project for a couple of weeks now. It started out as a small card (the square part), but it didn't seem complete. So I put my thinking cap on and worked on something to add. 
This is what I came up with...


It's a little wall hanging perfect for hanging on a door for Halloween. (Not outdoors, maybe an inside door though.)
Here's the lowdown on how it all came together:
First I chose some patterned paper to choose my colors from. In this case, it's Cosmo Cricket's 'Haunted' collection. I colored Gracie from Waltzingmouse Stamps' 'Gracie at Halloween' with some pretty red violet Copics. Isn't she just beautiful? I love the the Vintage look to this whole stamp set and I really love that they are made to color! (More please Claire!) Gracie was completely cut out and I mounted her onto a simple moon. The moon is just a circle die cut from water color paper that I spritzed with some Candleglow Glimmer Mist.



The square was cut out of black cardstock using the Spellbinders Fleur-de-lis square die. I actually cut two so I could sandwich the ribbon between them. I added some cream 'pearls' all around the border with a cream Viva Decor Pearl Pen.


I love the Nestabling rhinestones that coordinate with the Spellbinders dies. These are the black rhinestones that fit perfectly in the Fancy Tags II die cut. It's a bit tricky lining them up just right, if anyone has any tips on how to do that easily, please feel free to share! I just the Gothic feel it gives the whole project, eerie yet elegant!


I adhered all the elements to some 1.25" wide striped grosgrain ribbon from SU with some heavy duty Sookwang double sided tape. I just sandwiched it between the layers so the back looks just as nice as the front, not that anyone is going to see the back, hee hee! I added a bog bow to the bottom and last but not least a gorgeous purple felt rolled rose. 


For such a poor start to this project, I am very pleased with how it turned out! I'm glad I didn't give up on it, fortunately I set it aside and went back to after working on other projects for a while.  


I have several more projects using this wonderful stamp set planned, Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays so I have a blast with these!


Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps 'Gracie at Halloween'
Ink: Versafine, Memento, Distress
Paper: PTI, water color, The Paper Co. shimmer cardstock, Hammermill, Cosmo Cricket
Tools & Accessories: Copics, Glimmer Mist, Nestabling, Spellbinders dies, SU ribbon, antique silver brad, wool felt, MFT rolled rose die, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Swarovski bicone crystal

4 comments:

  1. Hi this project is fab I love it all! Hugs cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would absolutely love this. Your design is so very different and lovely. Will look forward to following your blogs. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute witch! Love the bold ribbon and the coloring!

    Also, if you want to see the sleigh ride stamp I can send you a PDF of the A Muse Holiday catalog by email if you want to see it early--just send me your email address and I can send it. I was afraid to post on SCS because I didn't want to violate TOU or stalk anyone!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!