Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sailing away

How's this for a masculine card? Pretty easy with Stampin' Up's digital stamps and papers, which I love. I am so glad they're offering digital products now, last minute cards? No problem. Inexpensive, immediate download, print, and you're ready to get creative. Now that's my idea of 21st century crafting, lol! 


This is probably one of the most digital cards I've ever made, the patterned papers and the images are printed right from my computer. I colored the ship fairly quickly with Copics, then decided it needed a little something extra. I opted for the cracked glass technique to make it a little antique looking. 


I did a little sailor's knot with waxed twine and threaded the anchor through it for a little embellishment. The sentiment is from an older SU set 'Pheasant Thoughts'.


This one's in tomorrow's mail for my Dad!


Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a FANTASTIC card for a man!! Love that ship with the cracked effect, and the embellishments are just PERFECT.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE this one! You did an amazing job on it. And I had no idea that Stampin Up now has digital stamps so I'm off now to shop! And, of course, I can blame it on you because of this gorgeous card! lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!