Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge 'Punch it'

Hello blog friends, it's time for our LOTV challenge, this week we're using punches, dies, whatever to create some shapes. I almost always use some sort of punches, or die cut shapes for most of my projects anyway, they're so much fun! 
I chose this little guy with a sailboat for my card today.



He's colored with pencils, quick and easy. I decided to use different patterned papers to create a sort of 'scene' around the image. The waves were cut using a MFT die-namics from Cosmo Cricket Salt Air paper, the 'sand' is some kraft colored Crepe paper, and the sunny yellow cloud paper is also Cosmo Cricket. 



A few little wool felt clouds cut with a PTI die complete the scene. I also added some strips of red striped ribbon to resemble flags that might be on a sailboat, or at least, I think I've seen something like it on some kind of boat, lol!


The sentiment is also from LOTV, 'Happy Circular Sentiments'. 


I hope you can join in on our challenge, we'd love to see what you come up with for the Punch It theme!


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love your layout and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout. Just love what you did with the clouds and the waves. Beautiful colord aswell.
    Hugs. Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi What a cool little scene. The isea for the sand and your flags and waves are perfect. Kitty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, love the whole thing! 8-) Just a Fabulous Card!

    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!