Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown.


Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies out there! Here's a final Father's Day card I have to share with you all using an older SU set called 'Pheasant Thoughts'. I knew I had to hunt down this set and finally found one used but in great shape on Ebay. Jimmy is a huge fan of all things hunting, and I have even gone Pheasant hunting several times with him and our two English Springers. I don't hunt, I just go along for the nature walk, lol. It's an amazing thing to see hunting dogs at work, they are tireless! 



I did some simple water coloring on this image using my Tombow markers. I colored and cut out a couple of feathers as an embellishment too. 
I opted to use simple textured papers for this card, rather than patterns. I brayered some darker colored ink over some Bazzill paper to bring out the weave texture, and used a piece of faux leather paper I made a while ago from my stash. 


Now ladies go spoil the fathers of your children and do something special for your Dad if you're nearby! 

Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Perfect touch with the phesant feathers on the side like that...

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Any guy would just love it! You found the perfect guy combination in this one!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!