Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In the gloaming...

Hello everyone, I'm back with another card to share with you all. A bit different from my usual, using one of my favorite ink techniques with the brayer. 
This gorgeous silhouette stamp from 100 Proof Press caught my eye a while back when I was browsing the SCS gallery and I had to get it for myself. I love all the fine detail and the fact that for once, I didn't color it! I chose to emboss it in black superfine detail powder on top of a brayered background. 


I added some tiny little specks of white for twinkling stars and reflected ripples in the pond with an XF Sharpie Poster Paint pen, which I picked up from the brayer Queen, Michelle Zindorf. Such a tiny little detail that adds a whole lot to the finished card. 


A close up:

The papers are from an SEI paper pad, the sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

This card just soothes my soul, and it's going to my brother for putting up with us last week on our visit, lol!

Thanks for peeking in, have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. just gorgeous!!!!!lovely collours!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep . . . I'm in full agreement with the 2 commenters before me . . . STUNNING. A fantastic card.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Such a peaceful scene & such a nice change of pace from everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous!! It is so peaceful and joyful. Great to be a kid again!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!