Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge Love is in the Air

Good morning! 
This week Love is in the Air for the LOTV challenge, and I decided to showcase the love of a sister, or best friend with my card. This adorable stamp 'Story Time' seemed perfect for the job. 


The wing chair the cuties are snuggled up in  was paper pieced with a pretty plaid paper from a Prima pad. I did some shading with a dry chisel brush and Distress inks to make the pattern less 'flat'. The rest of the image was water colored separately with Distress inks as well.

I lovelovelove the clear sentiment stamps (Verses) LOTV recently released! You can never have too many sentiments, and this one is particularly sweet.
Notice the little stitched flower embellishments? Also from the new clear stamps called 'Cute as a Button'.   I stamped them onto Core'dinations Whitewash paper, cut them out by hand (ummm....future dies anyone? hint..hint, lol). I sanded them lightly to reveal some of the color and attached buttons to their centers. Sort of shabby chic, no? The Prima papers have that sort of flavor I think.
We'd love to have you join in on the challenge, check out the Lili of the Valley blog for all the details.
Thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Distress, CTMH
Paper: Heavenly White card base, Memory Box, water color paper, Prima, Core'dinations
Tools & Accessories: pink taffeta ribbon, sewing machine, Aqua brush, PTI buttons

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Just a cute image so snuggly and such sweet colours!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! What an adorable image, love what you did..

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!