Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I need spring soon....

We've had a pretty mild winter up until a couple of weeks ago. Then all of a sudden, we were pounded with snow, sleet, wind and ARCTIC temperatures! Yuck! I love a good snowstorm, but I like to space them out evenly, lol! We've had too much, too often. Which is why... I need spring soon. This card is a little shout out to Mother Nature, an early spring please!


I stamped this beautiful Lily of the Valley stamp from PTI in gold EP directly on some of the Prima Fairy Flora papers. It's hard to see the soft, subtle colors and patterns on this paper, but it is just lovely. Soft greens, blue-greens and honey gold. I used some gorgeous iridescent paper for the scalloped layer, I can't remember what it's called but I got it from The Paper Temptress a while ago. If you love gorgeous cardstock and papers, her shop is the place to go!


I colored the flower and leaves with Copics.

I hope I've shared the spring bug with you, unless you live somewhere warm and in that case---hmmph! lol!
Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Prima, unknown Iridescent, PTI
Tools & Accessories: Cream grosgrain, Filigree gold embossing powder, Copics, SU scallop trim punches

3 comments:

  1. That card is just beautiful. I'm here in the panhandle of Florida and it's chilly. Seems like our past couple of winters have been the coldest that I can remember. But there is always someone still wearing flip-flops at the grocery or the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful "Spring" card, I hope mother nature listens because I've had enough snow too... It is snowing as we speak and they are saying another 6-9". :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a beautiful card, love Lillies of the valley! Your coloring is great.
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!