Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This Sunday is Mother's Day!

This is the Mother's Day card my sweetheart chose for his Mom. I took a picture of it quickly before he sends it out. He always begs me to fill out his cards for him, claiming his handwriting stinks, but I refuse! A card is not personal unless it's filled out personally! I'm sure his mother won't care about his chicken scratch, lol!
I used this gorgeous wild rose stamp from the Just Rite stamp collection for the focal point, colored with some Copics. I stamped the flowers and borders on separate pieces of paper so I could cut them out with my Nesties individually and layer them. I love the medallion effect it creates.
I used some coordinating papers from Memory Box, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they have matching solid color cardstock to go with their patterned papers. I wish ALL companies did this! I spend more time trying to find matching colors of Bazzill to go with my fave patterned papers that it ends up taking me soooo much longer to make cards than it really should! Maybe if they kept their Matchmaker site updated more often, I'd be able to use that as a resource and save time. But, they don't, so I really like using Memory Box, PTI and SU.

Well, I've got to get this card ready for mailing, and I better take pics of my Mom's 'card' so I can share it with you. But it'll have to wait till after Sunday, because I suspect she might check my blog every now and again...

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Just Rite, PTI
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Heavenly White, Memory Box, vellum
Accessories: Martha Stewart Quilted edge punch, Nestabilities, Fancy Tags, Copics, Stickles, pink satin ribbon

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!