Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Swingin' by to say hello...

I love embossed paper, but don't use it as much as I'd like to. Know why? The embossing folders are NOT big enough for my size cards! Hmmph! So I have to cheat and use it for only half a card or just an accent piece. I have noticed certain embossing folders are coming in larger sizes, but what about the beautiful old textures, like dots, swirls, argyle??!! As many products as there are on the market, it seems like there is never enough...
I colored up this pretty Lili of the Valley stamp with my colored pencils, using colors pulled from Basic Grey's Kioshi. Gorgeous paper! I am in love with that collection.
I didn't have a sentiment stamp to go with the card (other than the usual Happy Birthday and Thinking of you, etc) so I printed my own. It took me a while, but I eventually figured out how to print my own sentiments in a circle in Photoshop. Now I can say ANYTHING on my cards, lol!

Hope you like it, thanks for dropping in!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento
Paper: Basic Grey, Memory Box, PTI, Bristol vellum, Gina K
Accessories: Sizzix texture plate, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug border EF, McGill Flower punch, seam binding ribbon, pearl, PTI med. scallop die, colored pencils, OMS

4 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I love the Lily of the Valley stamps, adorable. Have bought myself a bunch of them too.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand your problem with embossing folders, many of the cards I make are 5"x7" and the usually A2 folders can't handle it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful coloring, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!