Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Impression Obsession Easter/Basket Challenge

This week over on the Impression Obsession blog there's another challenge happening. This time it's an Easter challenge. I really wanted to make a pretty basket using beautiful papers, so I decided not to do a colored stamped image to compete with patterned papers. Instead, I chose to emboss this beautiful gate image with a cream colored embossing powder directly onto the paper.
I love this spring image, with the sweet little bunnies on the left side of the gate. The whole stamp set is gorgeous, it's called 'Sweet Delights'. The basket is actually the bottom part of a shaker box template from Papertrey Ink. Instead of making a top for it, I made a lattice handle using one of Martha Stewart's border punches. Just big enough for one or two softly colored eggs to nestle inside. The tag was cut using one of the new Spellbinders Labels dies, and I stamped the Happy Easter words from the IO 'Sentiments II' clear set.

Play along with us for this challenge, then enter it to win a chance at a $25 gift certificate for IO stamps. Read about all the details here.
Need more inspiration? Check out the other IO design team ladies' cards!


Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Versamark, Perfect Match
Paper: SU, K & Co.
Accessories: Vanilla EP, Martha Stewart lattice punch, SU brads, pink taffeta ribbon, Spellbinders Labels die

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathie, what an elegant basket! Just beautiful and so creative. Love the punched edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knocked my socks right off with this -- stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jenny... I don't have socks on... they are in the neighbor's yard after seeing this. Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!