Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

IODT Challenge--LOVE

Whew! I've had enough of making Christmas cards, and it felt sooooo good to make a Valentine's Day card. It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge, and it's all about love! What better way to say 'I love you' than with the old stand by--roses. I love this clear stamp set from IO, Wreaths and Garlands-Floral. There are tons of elements that you can play with to create beautiful garlands, wreaths, and even a bunch of roses, like I did here. I used watercolor paper so that I could create a water color effect by misting the stamp lightly with water before stamping. With one inking, and repeated light misting, I could get three progressively lighter images. I did the same with the leaves and stems.
I added some pearls to the smaller flower centers, and glittered some of the roses with Stickles. The paper is Cosmo Cricket 'Hey Sugar'.

Join in on our LOVE challenge by submitting your IO cards, get all the details here. Get more inspiration from our talented design team by checking out their creations:


Thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Impression Obsession Wreaths & Garlands; Sentiments II
Ink: Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: Arches water color paper, Cosmo Cricket, SU, PTI
Accessories: Martha Stewart floral deep edger & tiny tag punches, Fiskars apron lace punch, Tim Holtz tiny safety pin, ivory satin ribbon, Stickles, pearls, sewing machine

4 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!