Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Silent Night

Another card that goes onto the Family/friends pile. This image is from a retired Stampin Up set, 'Country Pleasures'. I colored it with Copics and colored pencils. The sentiment tag is Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love using them to enhance the Spellbinders die cuts. The sentiment is from PTI's Silent Night.
It's hard to see in the picture, but there are white speckles of 'snow' all over the image. I used to use this technique all the time when I was doing decorative painting, you take an old toothbrush, dip it in some watered down acrylic paint and flick your finger over the bristles to spatter all over your surface. I love the effect. However it's best to use a nice opaque acrylic paint, which I could NOT find anywhere in my craft area, every other color under the sun, but not white! So I ended up using Gouache, which wasn't as opaque, which is why the white 'snow' doesn't show as much as I'd anticipated. But IRL, you can see them fairly well, and I was happy with the end result.
Anyway, hope it inspires, thanks for looking!
Stamps: Stampin Up, Waltzingmouse Stamps, PTI
Ink: Memento, Memories, SU, Versamark
Paper: Close to My Heart, PTI, SU
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels die, Martha Stewart deep edger punch, Copics, colored pencils, OMS, Stickles, gouache, PTI ribbon/button/twine, brown metallic ribbon, copper embossing powder, antique silver brads

4 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!