Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Forever Friends Card box set

Better a late post than none at all, right?!

I just can't get enough of these pudgy little bears. I love their sweet little faces and rounded tummies! I HATE that I can't get the stamps easily here in the US! lol. Although I have found a couple of auctions that were willing to ship to me, yay! I don't know why I always fall for the hard-to-get stamps. I remember it started with Magnolia before anyone even knew what they were, I had to wait weeks to get my first ones! Then there were the Rachelle Ann Miller stamps first put out by Ladybug and Friends (I think) that were only available in Europe. Thank goodness her adorable illustrations quickly grew popular and a couple of other stamp companies started manufacturing them.
Then there's the retired Penny Black's, PSX and SU sets...sigh. Most of the time, I just can't be happy with readily available stamps, it has to be a treasure hunt! Maybe that's part of the thrill.
Anyway, I love these images so much I had to create a whole coordinating set of them. I even made a little card box for all of them to fit neatly into. (Thanks to Creative Inklings for the 'Wonderful You' card box, which I had to modify slightly to make my fatter cards fit!)


I used the lovely, lovely retired (surprise, I go for all the retired DSP's too!) Wintergreen papers from Stampin Up. Love the colors!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek at my latest project, have a good night all!
Stamps: Forever Friends, Papertrey Ink, SU, Justrite
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match, SU, Adirondack
Paper: SU, The Paper Company
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels dies & Nestabilities, SU punches, Martha Stewart punch, SU ribbon, satin ribbon, Copic sketch & Spica markers, colored pencils, OMS, Marvy snowflake punch, Stickles, Flower Soft, rhinestone, pearls, PTI button, silver cord

5 comments:

  1. These bears are soo cute and your cards and box are all FAB! Thanks for sharing these to us.

    Have a blessed day!

    /jhet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are absolutely adorable and your colored all of them so beautifully! What a precious box set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute for words! I love how you've used a much retired DSP from Stampin' Up! I still have some of it... might use it now.
    Gorgeous, gorgeous cards and the box is awesome.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE the Forever Friends Bear Stamps. Do you know where I can purchase them in the US?? The only sites I've seen so far are UK and I'm a little hesitate to order from out of country. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Canada and I bought all my Forever Friends stamps from this site and they delivered it quickly.

    http://www.theglitterpot.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=818

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!