Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies Card & Notepad

I really wish I could get better pictures at times. It seems like it's always the luck of the draw! Some days I get great pictures, others they're awful. While this one is not awful, it doesn't come clost to showing how beautiful the background paper I made using Guide Lines 2.
I saw one of Heather Nichol's projects a while ago where she stamped Guide Lines 2 with white pigment ink, then brayered over it with dye ink. The white ink resisted the dye ink somewhat, and left a very soft, subtle white impression. It was really gorgeous, and I had to try and replicate it myself. I was really stunned by how beautiful it came out. I used SU Soft Sky cardstock, though, instead of white, and brayered over it with more Soft Sky ink, and the result is simply gorgeous! I wish I had made a whole sheet of paper, instead of half of one! In addition to the Guide Lines 2, I also added a few snowflakes from 'Snowfall' for a Christmas-y card.
Do you notice the little flourish/flower punches underneath the bow on the noptepad? Whenever I punch a border using the Fiskars flower punch, I get these adorable little negative punches that I hate throwing away. So I decided to use them as little accents. Cute huh?

The long notepads are also new from Papertrey Ink. I really like them. I use shopping lists often, and I'm always scrambling for a piece of paper to write groceries I need to get, so these are perfect. I'm going to make a couple for myself with magnets on the back so I can hang them on my refridgerator. Preferably with a pen attached!

Hope it inspires, thanks for looking!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Justrite
Ink: Perfect Match, SU
Paper: SU, Papertrey Ink, The Paper Company
Accessories: Nestabilities, McGill circle punch, Fiskars border punch, self stick pearls, Copic Spica pens, brayer, silk ribbon, Marvy Uchida Giga snowflake punch

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, love the papers! Hugs,Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I will have to try it.
    Your card design is just superb:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork! Creative use of the negative from that punch!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!