Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gorjuss Poppy Fields

I bought some Spellbinders Impressabilities a while ago, and was very disappointed when I couldn't get the paper embossed very deeply. I love the patterns that are available, but just wasn't getting the results I wanted. I searched the web for different 'sandwiches' to use, tried a couple of them, but still wasn't getting the crisp, clear impression I was used to getting with Cuttlebug folders. Needless to say I was very upset! I decided to try again a few days ago, Googled again for more directions--and found this set of directions.
This FINALLY worked! Misting the paper with water is especially effective, I think, and I made this card with the result.
The little poppy flowers in the image reminded me of buttons, so I decided to continue the theme and make some poppies from buttons. I used Papertrey Ink buttons in various sizes, threaded them with some Lime green thin cord, leaving some extra for a 'stem', and glued them down on the card with tacky glue. They needed leaves of course, out came my Martha Stewart punch, decorated them with some white 'stitching' with a white Signo pen and glued them down as well.
Pretty sweet, huh?
Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Sugar Nellie
Ink: Memento
Paper: Bristol vellum, Basic Grey, PTI, SU
Accessories: Nestabilities, Impressabilities, PTI buttons, colored pencils, OMS, Copics, Sakura glaze pen, aqua grosgrain ribbon, Bow Easy, Martha Stewart loops & leaf branch punches

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the info on the impressibility. I bought one and gave up...so this is great info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous!! I love the embossed background and those gorgeous buttons!! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misting with the water sure did do the trick. It looks so pretty.
    Wonderful card.
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of that, but never tried it, it's a gorgeous design! I like how you continued the flower theme with the buttons & cord, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!