Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Fave Christmas Tree Stamp


I really, really love this stamp from Penny Black! Everytime I use it, I love how it comes out. I wish you all could see the berries on the tree branches, IRL they are sooooo pretty! I watercolored them, then went over it with a clear Copic Spica pen, then went over all of them with some clear dimensional glaze. It's a product I've had for years, by Folk Art, called Papier. The berries have a subtle shimmer, and look round because of it. Juicy enough to eat! Anyway, I love how this card came out, and I'm going to be listing some more on Etsy, because.....drum roll please...I sold all of my cards I had listed on there! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it! Apparently, I was chosen for a 'Sneak Attack' by a website called The Handmade Movement. where they choose someone from Etsy to feature. WoW! I am so flattered! Thanks Handmade Movement! I needed that!
So, now that I've had a healthy boost to my confidence, I'm off to post some more cards!
Stamps: Penny Black, Papertry Ink
Paper: Hot press w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, PTI
Ink: Palette, Distress
Accessories: Martha Stewart branch & snowflake punch, buttons, Tombow/SU markers, Folk Art Papier, gold brad, glass glitter, Copic SPica pen, raffia

5 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Have just been browsing your blog and would love to feature you on Inspirational! We feature some of the best art and crafts from around the world.
    (http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com).
    If you agree could you E-mail me(details on my profile)
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Dawn
    Inspirational Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I too love the whimsical feel to this tree. How fun it must be to color. Great job. Congrats on being featured. I am not surprised at all. Your stuff is awesome....
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Katarina!! I wish I'd known you had cards on Etsy, I would have bought some!! I currently sell on Ebay, but might switch over to Etsy after the holidays. I used to get such good prices on Ebay but now, not so much. Etsy is much cheaper so that may be the place for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Just happened upon your blog. You do really great work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!