Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

If the Stamps Doesn't Fit...

....change it! I love this stamp by Penny Black, but--the original image has the sweet l'il bunnies looking up at a flower. It's called 'Sharing Spring'. As soon as I saw this image I knew I could make them looking up at a snowflake, for winter, or Christmas! So, after playing with masking for quite a while without success, I decided to just stamps the bunnies and cut them out. I popped them up using dimensional tape. I use regular old cheap photo mounting tape that I buy by the huge roll at the big box stores. Then I simply cut off little strips or squares, whatever size I need and mount them that way. I've tried all sorts of dimensional dots and squares, but I always go back to this method. Works best for me. The snowflake was embossed with copper EP and embellished with Stickles, Liquid Pearls and 3D paint, cut out and also popped up off of the background DP. It's got a really nice vintage, distressed look to it that I love.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Penny Black, Impression Obsession
Ink: Palette, Distress, Colorbox Copper pigment ink
Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, PTI
Accessories: Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Scribbles 3D paint, EP

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is SO very adorable. What a great idea to have those sweet bunnies looking up at the snowflake. I just LOVE your colouring too. Super elegant and beautiful! :O)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!