Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Great News & Some More Cards n Stuff!

I am so excited I think I'm going to pee myself! A while ago I applied and submitted some of my stuff to Magnolia Stamps for their design team. I got a reply back that they would like to have me on their team! So I quickly replied, all kinds of excited, and---nothing. I sent another email thinking it may have gotten lost, or they never recieved it. Still nothing. I was soooooo disappointed! This was almost 2 months ago. So, I felt I had to contact them one more time before I gave up, just in case something went awry with my messages, and sure enough, I got a reply back this morning! Can you say WOO HOO!!! I am a member of the Magnolia Design Team!!
I feel faint....
I cannot wait to get started, and you will see it all right here! So keep coming back!
Anyway, while I'm waiting for the voting to end over at JustRite Stampers, I'm keeping myself busy making cool stuff. I really like how this witch card came out. It's kind of spooky and elegant at the same time, KWIM? The moon is a big Nesties circle of watercolor paper that I randomly colored with several colors of Twinkling H2O's. Very shimmery IRL, just like a Halloween moon should be! This was a pretty easy card, no layers at all, just the image, sentiment and card base. Because of the Cuttlebug embossing folder pattern, I didn't want to subtract from the design with a lot of busy layers.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, JustRite
Ink: Perfect Match, Versafine, Palette
Paper: Watercolor paper, Bazzill, PTI
Accessories: Perfect Pearls, Cuttlebug EF, Striped ribbon, Twinkling H2O's

And another project:


Aren't these mini wool mittens adorable? I saw these stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms, and had to have them! I love vintage labels, and have been looking for a long time for something like this. Now they need to do more holidays, sentiments, etc. etc. I knew the mitten label would be perfect with a little pair of mittens, so I quickly sewed up a pair from wool felt. I stitched the cute little snowman faces on each one, with little black beads for their eyes. This would make an adorable ornament for a Christmas tree, and I just might have to make more!

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Palette
Paper: Prism, PTI
Accessories: Metal brad, cotton thread, wool felt, emroidery floss, black beads, Poly-fill

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new position on the Magnolia Stamps Design Team - not sure if I've heard of that company, but I'm looking forward to your creations. Love the latest Halloween card BTW - elegantly creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, no wonder why you have been picked up! Your work is really stunning, could spend whole evening here on your blog!
    I love your style, nice to be working with you at Magnolias :)
    Hugs,
    Aija

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Kathy...
    welcome to the DT :-)
    your cards are awesome
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations Kathy! welcome to the Magnolia DT . Your cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!