Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Personalized Covered Sketch Diary and Bookmark



I was getting ready to cover tons of books for my kids when they started school yesterday, when sudden inspiration hit me. Why couldn't I cover my own books, especially the ones I use often to protect them from wear and tear, and to personalize them? I have quite a few small sized sketch diaries that I use all the time, and the covers are boring imitation black leather. So I covered one to see how it looked. I love it! I would recommend using a heavier weight paper, like the double-sided Cosmo Cricket papers were perfect. I even covered the end pages which were cheesy looking with the brand logo all over it. While I was at it, I made up a matching book mark. Once again, I used shrink plastic to make a little charm to embellish it. I think it looks pretty snazzy, And yes, I know it's 'Halloween' paper, but I love crows all year and the colors from this line suit me perfectly. Very folk-arty.

Stamps: JustRite, Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Versafine, Distress
Paper: PTI, Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Shrink Plastic, ball chain, jump ring, McGill circle punch, chipboard, black grosgrain ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!